Yesterday, I was bored, trying to find interesting things, surely I did. I present you the rainbow on GitHub:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjSpcijCOwFQAQTs2KOPXp4oLiEITkD433V5DoF-Ru6SCvjHeAjNgIfPozMmu4AVcPCRQ-KNjAc5hL5UfLpW02hCZIBO4kKZUYUCe5ILjIEWc4BGeoPOgIXBWA3660eDkh7cn925GbqTOo/s640/rainbow.gif

Last year (2013-11-07T16:53:00Z), I came across Yosemitebear Mountain Double Rainbow 1-8-10 and I have to borrow its subtitle (can’t believe it has a subtitle, what does it mean?):

Whoa, that’s a full rainbow.
All the way.
Double rainbow.
Oh my God.
It’s a double rainbow
all the way.
Whoa, that’s so intense.
Whoa.
Man.
Wow.
Whoa.
Whoa-ho-ho.
Oh my God.
Oh my God.
Oh my God.
Whoa.
Wow.
Yeah.
Oh my God.
Look at that.
It’s starting to even look
like a triple rainbow.
Oh my God.
It’s full on double rainbow
all the way across the sky.
Oh my God.
Oh my God.
What does this mean?
Oh my God.
Oh, God.
It’s so bright.
Oh my God, it’s so
bright and vivid.
Oh.
Oh.
It’s so beautiful.
[CRYING]
Oh my God.
Oh my God.
It’s a double,
complete rainbow.
Right in front yard.
Oh my God.
Oh my God.
What does it mean?
Tell me.
Too much.
Tell me what it means.
Oh my God.
It’s so intense.
Oh.
Oh my God.

I thought about editing it so it would fit for this rainbow repository, but there is no need. It’s also a double rainbow, one at language bar, another in file list. “accross the sky” is fine here.

This guy is so emotional, you have to watch it, I promise you that you will have a good time or waste 3 minutes and 30 seconds of your life. For almost 40 milions views, I wonder how many of them thought it’s just a waste of time.

“What does it mean?” It means if you have your phone with you, take it out, Google it or Wiki it, from the Wikipedia about “double rainbow”:

Secondary rainbows are caused by a double reflection of sunlight inside the raindrops, and appear at an angle of 50–53°. As a result of the second reflection, the colours of a secondary rainbow are inverted compared to the primary bow, with blue on the outside and red on the inside. The secondary rainbow is fainter than the primary because more light escapes from two reflections compared to one and because the rainbow itself is spread over a greater area of the sky. The dark area of unlit sky lying between the primary and secondary bows is called Alexander’s band, after Alexander of Aphrodisias who first described it.

You can try to give it some “meaning,” but in the end it’s just a natural phenomenon, a beautiful one. Just enjoy it, don’t twist it with meaningless meaning.

The rainbow was created by Ozh Richard in 2014-05-13, and it links to another repository with moar more colors, github-colors. This Ozh must have too much time, or had a lot of fun making them.