Note

BRPS is dead and some links have been removed from this post. (2015-12-13T02:52:18Z)

Today, I spent about an hour to update BRPS. I actually updated for fixing a bug. Somehow, querying label Fedora caused a error return on one of my blogs. I don’t understand why that would happen. Right now, I just exclude any situation like from final result.

Currently, BRPS receives 1.5K+ requests a day. I would say there might be 10+ blogs actively use BRPS, not include my blogs. I can’t give you an explicit list since I haven’t designed that in BRPS, I might never do that.

Here is a screenshot:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgoOUb5Z6AXnj-zqTeyd8M30NxTveHiW3AlLHJBfHfZ1cFw-GP0sOEGTLGdwPbGbDKWW6aGDBbAP9Kg-b3kL227JwMJmIULEVjHl46LZ2nNMPe4PVFoVzY7xFxXmkQds3TLKYFplruHcUA/s800/brps.jpeg

Disappointingly, no one wrote for introducing BRPS. They just use it, I wonder if they do know what BRPS is and I believe some of them have never visited BRPS website. They might be copying the code from a blogger which I asked him if he wanted to write about BRPS.

Anyway, I also makde an important modification — retrying. Retrying is quite important and more necessary because I increased label querying from 5 labels to 10 labels. That means the 5-second download timeout on GAE almost has to be happened (Note that there is still other type of timeout, I haven’t dealt with), currently, as my observation, that happens in a rate as 1%. From now on, BRPS might have more DeadlineExceededError.

Amazingly, I got no compliant about that 1%. Possibly, no one notices that Related Posts section missing.

I don’t like to use a widget that has “linkback,” so I won’t put that kind of things in my widget. I just hope people would like it and write for it. I am still waiting.