I just synced my Portage tree and wanted to upgrade packages, then I got a nice message about my /etc/make.profile, which was linked to /usr/portage/profiles/default/linux/amd64/2008.0, is deprecated.

!!! Your current profile is deprecated and not supported anymore.
!!! Please upgrade to the following profile if possible:
        default/linux/amd64/10.0

To upgrade do the following steps:
# Check 'eselect profile list'.
# Find the number that corresponds with the default/linux/amd64/10.0 profile.
# Use 'eselect profile set <number>' to set a new /etc/make.profile symlink.
#
# Reference: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-upgrading.xml
# See: "General instructions" in Section 3. "Profile updating instructions"#

So I checked with the Profile updating instructions, and set to the new profile. And I think that’s all.

Kind of boring… I was expecting something tough tasks to accomplish! Come on, break something! Just kidding! :-)