Someone wrote a nice Perl extension for URxvt.

You can use

  • Alt-u / Escape to enter or leave this new mode
  • j / k to navigate between links
  • Enter to open the link
  • y to copy the link to clipboard

I installed it (url-select) in my home (~/.urxvt/perl) not the system-wide location (/usr/lib64/urxvt/perl). Here is my .Xdefaults:

#######
# URxvt

URxvt.perl-lib: /home/livibetter/.urxvt/perl
# Add url handler
URxvt.perl-ext-common: default,matcher
URxvt.urlLauncher: chromium

URxvt.perl-ext-common: ...,url-select
#URxvt.urlLauncher:     firefox
URxvt.underlineURLs:   true
URxvt.keysym.M-u:      perl:url-select:select_next

The URxvt.perl-lib specifies where I have my own Perl extensions, URxvt will check there first, then the system-wide extensions.

After you install, you need to open a new window of urxvt or urxvtc.

The greatest things are:

  1. I don’t need to aim my cursor at links and
  2. I won’t mess up text in Vim after press down middle mouse (I always forget to copy the link and open manually).