F1 just showed up in my feed reader, it’s really nothing new. There are many others for the same purpose, I believe.

For any kind of share button, they are just bad, but I don’t deny I have put them on my stuff before. Some give you a set of buttons, some give one button with menu to choose. Anyway, they are still bad.

They ruin your layout and design. Even you design them to match, what’s the rate of clicks versus visits? What’s the rate of clicks on your buttons versus clicks on buttons in browser’s addons or bookmarklets?

If I want to share a link I use bookmarklet provided by the service, I would not want to click on buttons on the page.

If a visitor uses certain of service, they most likely to have an addon installed because many webpages don’t even have a Twitter button.

On this blog, I don’t have any buttons provided by me. But the Blogger navbar at top does provide Twitter/Facebook/Buzz/Google Reader. My posts got tweeted few times, bookmarked on delicious, and stumbled upon. I would bet those tweets were not via the button in navbar. If they like your stuff, they will share in a way they already know.

So, don’t waste time to uglify your pages with those buttons, remove them and make your pages cleaner.