2011-02-28--20:46:39Yesterday, I made these in text file with Unicode Box-drawing characters. I like the last two styles, so I finished a full set.

A set of clocks in terminal, how cool is that?

I don't know but I don't really need to know when people get up around the world. So, this is just an idea, I didn't start writing this program. I have also tried to find some programs but I didn't find a world clock program which I visualized. But I found this question on StackOverflow, which have some commands that list clocks. They are simple clock, just print out the time.



I think with colors for day and night, it will be a nice way to tell A.M. or P.M. Also colors in location text can indicate time ahead or behind the current local time.

Another idea is flip clock. Yes, flip clock in terminal, I believe is doable. I have written a Chrome Extension, which also works on Firefox. You can see the main file, use Space or 2 to switch mode, or double-click on clock.

I think it's possible to emulate with 256-color, maybe that would already work in 16-color? Making a bigger clock text with boxes, I truly believe it will look like flipping.

Anyway, they are just ideas. I am not gonna implement them, because I know I won't be a user of them. But if you want to have them, you really need such program, please let me know. I will finish for you.

If you know any programs already do what I described, leave me a link, I would like to check them out. If you want to ask why not just use web app or GUI program? Why? Let me tell you this "The answer is simple, because we can make it."

Where I really want to have these fonts is in tmux clock mode.