Just woke up and a cup of coffee in hand. (not drank yet) Scanning what’s going on while I was sleeping, then I came across this post: LibreOffice is Russian. (Don’t read it yet!)

We always like using such excuse “I am tired, haven’t got sleep in ## hours” when you make a mistake, but I could tell it means: LibreOffice[‘s UI] is Russian.

Anyway, I read it and here is a scale down version:

OP: I just upgraded LibreOffice and now, all of a sudden, it is Russian. Karol: What language packs for libreoffice have you installed? OP: Well I had libreoffice-uk installed originally. I can’t recall ever installing a Russian pack, and it looks like the upgrade didn’t remove libreoffice-uk.

Now, it comes my excuse. I hadn’t sip my coffee! So, I can’t see the issue. Didn’t see it, either? Allow me to highlight for you:

OP: Well I had libreoffice-uk installed originally. I can’t recall ever installing a Russian pack, …

If you thought, just as I did, well, this guy must be a British or from some country uses British English, since it’s United Kingdom. Then have you ever read this, ll_CC or ll-CC?

Still don’t get it? You need at least two cups of coffee. In this case, the uk stands for a language, which is Ukrainian, not for a country since a language code/ID specifies the language first then the country.

I just get up, haven’t got my coffee!