1   Introduction

This is a series about Bash scripting. The content is what I have learned from scripting or some interesting points what I have read about. What will be in the series? Scripting, of course. My experience, tips, tricks, and pitfalls, which I have learned over the years in good ways or bad ways. The purpose of this series is meant to help your Bash Scripting Made Easy.

They will be written in blogging post format and kept short and clean as much as possible. Basically independent posts and not relying on previous posts. I don’t plan to have a regular posting schedule, when I have something to write about, I write and publish it.

What will not be in the series:

  • Interactive shell usage - this is about shell scripting not how you use Bash interactive shell.
  • (Common) Command-line tools - the topics will not be focusing on how to use awk, sed, cut, etc. The main focus is Bash scripting, but may be mentioning some tools. For example, parsing tip using Bash and a little help from other tools.

2   Feedback

Please feel free to give your comment on the posts, or here if it’s about entire series. You can suggest anything if there is something you want to read about Bash scripting.

3   Index

3.1   By published order