After I upgraded LibreOffice(-bin) to 3.4.5.2-r1 three weeks ago, at first glance is, this version is so pretty because of its startup splash:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/OIvesAUojO4/maxresdefault.jpg

(Between 00:02 and 00:04, it’s really a splash!)

It’s pretty, so I decided to create a recording for it. No kidding!

But I searched on YouTube first because I didn’t want to record if there was someone had done it. The videos I found all look like like the version 3.3.4 which I used before the upgrade.

I finally realized that it could be a branding version of LibreOffice because the purple theme and the text in the About dialog. I looked into the ebuild and found a link to download the branding file. And the file confirms it.

Note

Later versions, Larry greets you.

“So bright… so beautiful… ah, Precious.”