This is a new series of posting. I have been wanting to dump some notes instead of just deleting, though I almost won't read again, but I still want to keep a record of those short notes. Also, since they are mostly one-liner and not worth writing a post for it, so this would come very handy. I only need to write a quick description for what it is about.

Why on Mondays? Well, I don't really know although I had tried to find meaning of the week days for a justified day as reasonable posting schedule, but I didn't actually find a day which is associated with "cleaning" in the history or myth. Since Mondays are the first day of work, people hate it, so I decide to dump stuff on this day.

Originally, I wanted to name this series as "Weekly Update/Summary" (2012-03-28T18:18:17Z), but a few days ago, I think week day with meaning of cleaning (2012-04-21T08:09:33Z) could be better, though I didn't find one in the end.

Please note that although stuff are dumped here, which is no where to imply or say those are poor quality thing, especially they are links to others' works. Generally, they would be notes at least one-month-old of mine, but for links, they probably would be very fresh and certainly deliciously yum.

I want to dump links here because I can no longer add comment on Google Reader, and I really don't want to do that on Google+. I had tried, but social networks are not my thing for very long time.

Blog posts

Notes

  • The very first post on Gentoo Forums (2012-03-17T03:14:44Z): I accidentally discovered it while writing this post about bad URLs. I wonder what post ID=1 was about. Initial post like on WordPress?
  • hg status is very slow comparing to git status (2012-03-17T03:14:34Z): After I added Git and Mercurial status to PS1, I noticed that vcprompt doesn’t show modification for Mercurial and I wanted to contribute on that part. But soon, I found out it's really slow unless you try to parse stuff in internal repository data, then check files and directory. Git returns the status very fast. C beats Python, period. I tried to find if there was a C implementation of Mercurial, but there was not.