I just received a final nudge about migrating legacy Blogger account to Google Account System. It reminds me of my first Google account and first blog. Somehow, I missed or totally forgot the notice from last year. It’s quite amazing, Blogger has supported legacy accounts for 5 more years, which hasn’t been migrated to new system.

Five years, that’s a long time, a big commitment. You need some if here and there to access two different data table for account information, basically.

Here is the email I got:

Hello,

You are receiving this message because your email address is associated with
an unmigrated legacy Blogger account. As we announced in April of last year,
legacy accounts will no longer be accessible after May 30th, 2012 unless they
are updated to the Google Account system. Any blog content associated with
this account will also be unmodifiable after that date.

To transfer your blog to the Google Account system you need to visit the
Legacy Migration page at http://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/PBoHh5KBnsStFd
right now to make sure that your account and associated blogs are claimed. If
you’ve forgotten the Blogger password that is associated with this email
address, you can use our Account Recovery page at
http://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/fg7kGId8kywXKn to request password
information to be sent via email.

For more information, please see our initial announcement we posted to our
blog at http://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/7eACad7aQ4IOSR . If you have
questions, please visit our Help Forum at
http://www.google.com/appserve/mkt/iw9dARzsHGMGz0 and create a message with
[Legacy Account] in the subject line.

Regards,

The Blogger Team
Google
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
----
This e-mail is being sent to notify you of important changes to your Blogger
account.

I finished the process in a couple of minutes, though it gave me an error code when finalizing migration, but I could already see the blog in dashboard, hopefully it would be fine. I still remember the passwords of Blogger and Google accounts. Different passwords, of course.

I felt strange. It was the time that I first learned the word “blog,” but that was also the time which I didn’t want to have lived. Weird, right. Without that period, I wouldn’t be writing here. I might be in different place, doing things in other ways, thinking quite oppositely.

I would never know, because here I am, this is me.