Having little fun with touchpad:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/HrSgK9pe0Ko/sddefault.jpg

A/V out of sync, sorry about that!

It’s a Bash script, you will need to enable SHMConfig for monitoring touchpad activity. I divided my touchpad into 3x2 cells, each with one audio file from /usr/share/sounds. The sound files may not be available on your system, just edit the script for audio files you have.

Synaptics actually provides three programs, called Just for Fun. They are Windows-only, which is not much of a surprise. I don’t know how exactly these programs are, how much fun they could be. But I decided to create a simple one of my own.

After I have a working code, I realized there is a thing called keyboard and it would work even better than touchpad. Just I made this, well, because I can.

I was thinking to allow multiple tapping, but that’s not very possible. Even though there is information about how many fingers on touchpad, but you don’t have the position of each finger, only the first one’s.