It's season 5 of Castle and I was surprised to realize that Richard Castle did have published books, you know the ones have inks printed on papers. He even has a page on Amazon [reflink].

After good four seasons and an almost half, you can imagine how amazed I was when I found out of this. I now I believe those books shown in the show are actual printed books. I used to think, they did actually design book cover props.

Look at the introduction on the Amazon page:

Richard Castle is the author of numerous bestsellers, including the critically acclaimed Derrick Storm series. His first novel, In a Hail of Bullets, published while he was still in college, received the Nom DePlume Society's prestigious Tom Straw Award for Mystery Literature. Castle currently lives in Manhattan with his daughter and mother, both of whom infuse his life with humor and inspiration.

If you have never heard of Castle, you probably would believe this is a real person, not just some television fictional character. One book even achieved #6 bestseller on New York Times' list.

Yes, I still watch Castle, even it's become a typical long-lasting-but-should-have-been-ended show. I really think a television show should have only three seasons at most if each season consists of up to 13 episodes. I like British shows more, each episode contains only essential story, don't have many arcs or non-plot story.

Anyway, it's still fun to watch, because when shows become lengthy, the writer would put more humor in. It may be silly or dumb, but it's a television show, don't expect more than that. One thing I want to note down, I feel the actors somewhat intentionally advertise some products by holding them in hang, and the products stay in screen for a few really long seconds.

By the way, an excerpt from Naked Heat (Nikki Heat) [reflink]:

“Perfect.” He took the marker and reached for her magazine.
“No, sign this!” She took a step closer and tugged aside the cup of her halter.
Rook smiled. “I think I’m going to need more ink.”

That's the Richard we all know. I seem to recall the scene from an episode.