Yes, the thing below, that is a chart of the change of my ToDo list in number of lines over time, beginning with this year. And, no, it’s not some kind of new year’s resolution or any kind of top-secret project. It’s just a simple record of the number of lines. I was curious to see how fluctuated my ToDo would be in number of lines when I was editing.

On the top, it’s the ToDo list we all know about. The thing that you shove things in, tasks you don’t have time to deal with at the mean time, ideas we all know are just dreams—never can be some world changing inventions, stuff you don’t want to take care of, or blahs you just don’t give a dime. That’s the ToDo list.

On the bottom, the ToDo Bin as I called it, it’s also a ToDo list with “bin” attached. If ToDo list is like a garbage bin, then ToDo Bin is the garbage bin of ToDo list barbage bin. A bin of a bin, how awesome is that? It’s the ultimate Bin, that means whatever goes into ToDo Bin, it’s never gonna to see another day of light. Ehm…, what I mean is the task is never going to get done.

When my ToDo list smells stinking from rotten tasks, I discard them into ToDo Bin. Cough! I mean I move those into ToDo Bin. You can see some sudden increase by significant amount of numbers at lower chart. Almost 1,020 lines in the bin already.

I try to keep ToDo clean as best as I can, well, not really by finishing the tasks. Just somehow make some lines disappeared mysteriously. At this moment, it only contains 10 lines.

It’s only been one month, it may look even more interesting one year later. Or more stinking? Anyway, it’s fun to see something totally meaningless and not so useful to help you do better.

So, readers, it’s time to add “charting my todo list” task to your todo list!