gitfiti, an interesting idea to paint graffiti on GitHub’s commit history calendar, though it probably doesn’t have much practical value beside becacuse it’s fun and I can do it!

Anyway, I wasn’t going to write about it because I didn’t want to create repositories just for fun. But I remembered my vcsstat.sh project, and if you combine both, you can have:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg9D5DcG2Sr94fsqlINNFcUr3Wx_EgSwSCsyFntM2jGkPIo2JPk2hevxeXyjxKTZ8UXnoYb_xdJLwjY6bA8ip5QuFSz_3mKjOymT8mn6-Vf1OJAVR7xn5gyF3cWnwlspY1IUHipJrbXLvY/s800/gitfiti%2520and%2520vcsstat.sh%25202013-05-21--23%253A00%253A22.png

The creation of gitfiti wasn’t quite clear when I started. There were five repositories in the screenshot. I used five because it’s easier if I messed up with week offset, I could just delete a repository and recreate with correct week offset. Anyway, with vcsstat.sh, two extra modes.

There seemed to be some calculation issue with vcsstat.sh, some days’ colors are off, but I’m not up to fix it.