Cups (Pitch Perfect’s When I’m Gone) (2011) by Anna Kendrick, is a cover of the original song Cups (You’re Gonna Miss Me) (2009) by Lulu and the Lampshades, which is a rendition of Miss Me When I’m Gone (1937) by J. E. Mainer’s Mountaineers and You’re Gonna Miss Me When I’m Gone (1938) by (Charlie) Monroe’s Boys, according to Wikipedia.

Confused? Well, just enjoy Anna Kendrick’s music video version.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/cmSbXsFE3l8/maxresdefault.jpg

Never had watched Pitch Perfect or any of her television shows or films, but I did know she is also a singer after I stumbled across her Wikipedia page, though never heard of any singing of hers until Cups.

Once again, a YouTube recommendation popped up, but I wasn’t sure this was a good one when the video just started, although I like baking part at the beginning. When she started playing the cup I thought this wouldn’t be like that world record freaking awesome cup stacking video, would it? That would be so weird for a music video.

The music video turned out quite interesting when I realized that’s some beats from playing the cup and clapping. That chef can drum, and that guy at 3‘12” is hilarious when he couldn’t get the cup out at the first try.

Because of this music video, though it has nothing to do with the story of Pitch Perfect, I watched the film and I like it. It’s not like the usual films that you would hate the antagonists to the bones, in fact, I don’t really feel the film has one. Of course, it has, just very weak. I’d describe it’s a film of positivity. Certainly, it has the element of romance, you know the boy meets the girls, and they get together in the end after some silly arguments. Which I really don’t like films or television shows have that. Like antagonist in this film, that part isn’t the focus, or should I say that I simply ignored and concentrated on the music.

Did she really sing “You’re gonna miss my taco?”