A few hours ago, I posted a bait post to confirm a weird phenomenon which I’ve been seeing since this April. Only 3 out of 33 posts have not been +1’d since then, which I’d thought something fishy must be behind it.

So, I posted an empty post with title “It’s foobar…” Originally, I thought “test post” would be better, but if this post does get a +1, then it could also mean someone is hitting +1 button without reading anything.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgkR3A3bbYOMcx8SY18Ko-x44Hmlp9lMDgLnNWStQdeykUgd6S_XLLlrVV7cAebplJ4_cWHBROSs3numk8omzWISjwzq5bDtoa1MmYXoXDG-XPTCIoISI7C3xC0WngQmG6SLSOuqOSlWrY/s640/%252B1%2520bait%25202013-07-23--12%253A47%253A05.png

I believe it must be done by a bot, because it seems to +1’d almost within an hour after a post getting published. My posting time pretty varies, no way someone is always sitting in front of computer and +1’d on my posts. Unless all these +1 were made by different users. But nearly one +1 per post is statistically improbable by true humans, I would say.

Frankly, my posts were not so excited or worthy to get any +1. Nonetheless, I would rather having one short comment than one hundred of +1.

I could still be very wrong. If you are the real person who ever +1’d posts which were posted since April, please leave a comment to let me know that you indeed are an actual human being. I am sure there is at least one +1 by true human as you can see +2 at last row in that screenshot, also got a comment in the post.

If this truly is a bot, which I can never 100% be sure, that must be strangest bot has ever been built, because I can’t see any benefits from using it. The builder doesn’t get any incoming traffic since the account who made those +1 isn’t revealed to me.

Or is it just a bot for faking records? Someone must be kindly adding my blog to its list. Anyway, it’s sort of annoying when I couldn’t find out who +1’d my stuff. If I can’t get of hold of the detail, I would prefer not to even see it, it’s so “You Can Look, But You Can’t Touch!”