Flickr was scheduled to be down for six hours for maintenance, which is unusually long. It’s still some time before 10 PM PDT, I wish there is some updates to the site layout. You know like bringing back some old way of browsing Flickr.

This maintenance notice is cute, don’t you think?

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgAwCjNWhS8wIKZrx6w5hi1iDEXSv0HRJdBOxgsvOgX1C2bOr76nGVMygbV5bVmFoEjbIgTiKpWbFPsvTgNr4HIhnxCjcVJ86Uali2icXNyF7gI6_R1FvKGIi53OqGgZore7z7QOaX-HPI/s640/Bad%2520panda%2520on%2520Flickr%25202013-07-26--11%253A52%253A55.png

Bad, bad panda! Time for walkies! by Toyokazu

Flickr gives a proper credit at bottom of the page, but funny thing is it’s under maintenance, so it’s still redirected to this notice page. Maybe that’s a supposed joke to tell how bad this panda is? Like when you google “recursion” and accept the “Do you mean…”

I hope they will summarize what has been done during the maintenance and also include this photo once again. They have to give a full update since it’s six-hour maintenance, right?

Ever since Flickr sacked its recent uploads page, I removed the bookmark but still tried to bring that bookmark up in autopilot every now and then. My mind is still thinking about that page and wanting to visit it.

When Flickr revamped the design, there were people not happy with the new design. I am kind of get used to it already, but still the pagination is really pain-in-the-ass for me. It has virtually gone and I still couldn’t be sure if one page of justified layout equals to two old pages. And if you want to jump pages when photos are still loading, click quick and aim precisely!

Anyhow, it really doesn’t matter. I am just visiting less and less and that might be actually good for me. I spent too much time on freshing that page, anyway.

Let’s hope more goodies will be on Flickr.