My first Fifty Stars of Gist:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjPO_S683tl6zhYa2FZbqmY5A_81T1Ny6aENeF04PT8NX91r4yvnpwmT40khnDvcCIOh7R02_JZ-84u_gohdekwHkn2z8AIXyR01Ya2loUdnPFiQFV7w1nvgcpZuhj6jGsuWKkJyYphJEc/s640/50%2520Stars%2520of%2520Gist%25202013-08-24--09%253A15%253A19.png

And it is still getting more stars. Here is a blog post about how it got started.

I didn’t try do much about it since I wasn’t modifying the code with permission, but somehow it got some attention in the last of couple of days, 30+ stars were added. Somewhere, someone must have shared it.

Sadly, I could never find out on my own how and where this happened, I could ask the commentators, but that seems silly. Searching didn’t come up any results and I didn’t have any referrers data of the gist.

This isn’t the top one of mine on GitHub, I have another one which is heading towards 100 stars. Funny thing is that one isn’t my code, either. At least, I didn’t start the project, but built on top of the original code with permission.

I always am curious why people star anything when most likely no one would ever go back to dig the starred things up. But come to think about my favoring behavior on Flickr, well, might be the same reason I haven’t added many photos as favorites for a while. I should comment more.

Anyway, just blogging about this Fifty Stars of Gist to make a note.