Normally, I’d not make fried potato like this:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3731/12001307336_d1dd498922_z.jpg

Usually, it’s only the potato would be on the plate, not even salt, like how I made hash browns. There is really no need for seasoning if you know how to appreciate the original taste of potato. The only time I would add seasoning is when I oven bake potato.

Since I need to take a photo, I decided to add some broccoli, which definitely made me feel less guilty for eating fried food. The fried garlic slices were simply great, because it provided a unique sweet flavor. The green onion was just for color. The skin was really crispy and the inside were fluffy and delicious.

Here is how I made it:

  • Cut two medium-sized of potato into chunks after peeling
  • Parboil potato for 8 to 10 minutes
  • Slice two garlic cloves and cut green onions
  • Heat up oil in a pan for shallow frying
  • Blanch broccoli
  • Fry until almost golden brown
  • Add the slices of garlic to frying pan
  • Transfer to plate, add broccoli, scatter scallion
  • Serve up

I like pan-frying because it’s more controllable than oven baking, and definitely would be crispy. The only drawback is you have to use more oil than simply coating with oil.

I must also say the addition of garlic was nice, never did that before if it wasn’t for this photo. I probably would do that more often since it could be fried at the same time with potato. Fried garlic is really yummy and quite addictive.