Once every other month, I’d have to boot up Windows XP and make sure the system gets updates, which I just did it. A few months ago, Windows Update hung for no reason. At the time, I found a solution, or so I thought I found it and so were many other people.

That svchost.exe hogged 100% of a core once more and I had to watch this green bar rolling over and over:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjF5SHrXnXsDOPXWLHMOgHfU-ENYuDmQQtPZ00PHo20JW-PkMEMTCVV3_Nq4kgKedGcT-N4m6PgebXjPhUqRNyic-sX2Bj0U-tvvGHdpZuyWFYMGwZSuya7gGeTlufrxizoLTAt_xsObDk/s800/windows-update.gif

KB2898785 was what I found to be said the lifesaver this time, another KB###### held the same title months ago, and I now had another one. It’s resolved, but I don’t know if it’s going to resurface again like previous one.

Let’s hope it wouldn’t.