It’s almost five months since last SotD. Friends Like You by Meaghan Smith, from latest Have A Heart album, which was released on April 22, 2014.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/d8tb02l8btI/mqdefault.jpg

Once again, I never heard of her name or songs before. The song was played during the break of 2014 GSL Season 2 Code S Ro16 Group A after the Loser’s Match between Classic v. soO. She is a Canadian singer-songwriter. This song seems to be recorded in late 2012 according to the Facebook post, but only released just a month ago. She said in another post:

I’m gonna start giving you sneak peeks into my songs… One new song is about someone who pretended to be my friend, but really wasn’t. “…”

I like the lyrics, they are quite funny to listen. But when I tried to find out the song’s name, I kept finding unrelated results until I finally used the right keywords “it’s an art form #BFF forgery,” which is the funniest part in my mind:

Never know which face I’m gonna see
You got at least two maybe three
It’s an art form
#BFF Forgery
You’re genuinely great at being fake
And I’m a hopeless optimist

You know there are libraries for face detection, I wonder if they have a feature to detect faking faces and give warning like “Warning: #FAKEBFF” in automatic tweets.

And I learned a new word: “frenemy.” This song also teaches us in frienemy relationship, there are a few things you don’t do:

  1. Hold it back,
  2. Think about peace and love, and
  3. All that other crap.