This afternoon, I spent two hours to clear up all the stuff from book shelves. Many of them are textbooks and a few other things that I couldn’t even remember after I just removed them few hours ago.

Just junks setting on shelves collecting dust.

It’s quite a shame that I never got to possess those knowledge, I might learn a tiny portion when I was a student, but now, most of what I’d studied has all gone. Textbooks are expensive, but the money isn’t the issue here, the true waste is I never tried to learn. I can still try, but I am just not interested in them.

What I have today were all learned after school, yes, C was taught, but it’s just very basic, I have to say the bar at school wasn’t set high. Even before the school, I learned microprocessor assembly and the 90’s web design on my own, HTML and JavaScript, the first version of .net. After school, I learned Python and all sorts of tools and libraries. Little more than ten years ago, I learned to work with Linux by myself, running my own server. It seems to me for application, it’s better to learn on your own with your own pace.

I remember I used to tell myself useless stuff is garbage, even for knowledge. If you have no uses of it, then it’s junk. I have a whole lot of them, stashed away.