I drank a cup of coffee this morning, not wanted to waste that. I am not worrying if I’d stay up all night, because I am pretty tired right now.

The celery bottom was coming up new green stalks and leaves. Sowed eight seeds, green bean, cayenne pepper, passion fruit, okra, cucumber, kumquat, grape, and bell pepper. Each with five seeds except kumquat, which I only had one seed. I also collected two small squashes’ seeds, but all non-floating, still kept twenty, not sure if they would germinate. The rest of seeds, I roasted them, but they didn’t taste good, composted.

This afternoon, I was walking past him several times, and he was looking at me as I hiding a dryer behind me. I think he knew something was up. So, I got a brush, a bottle of pet shampoo, a towel, nail clipper, and dryer. I grabbed him and went into the bathroom, shut the door, then he finally realized what the heck was going on, but it was too late.

I began with nails, but as I clipped it, the nail broke into deeper place, I decided not to do it anymore. However, there was one nail had curved back, I carefully clipped that one. Then, I brush his fur, didn’t see any tangled hairs.

Now, the main show is going to start. I dipped him into a bucket of lukewarm water, pulled out and sat him on my laps, then applied the shampoo. I can really feel his rapid breaths and heart pumping hard and fast. He was meowing, of course, but didn’t put much of effort to get away nor scratch me, quite docile. He just meowed as I rubbed the shampoo over.

Waited a few minutes before I rinsing him clean. Toweling him, then using the dryer, he seemed not to be bothered by the dryer. After a while, when he was fairly dried, it’s my turn. After I got back into bathroom, I realized I am itching and get hives every place which his fur had directly contact with my skin. Well, that’s the confirmation that I am allergic to cat’s fur.

When I opened the door, he went out, I thought he was going back to his bed, but he did not. He walked right to the feeding bowl, he was hungry. That bathing shenanigan didn’t affect his appetite, when you gotta eat, then you gotta eat.

I won’t bathe him again, hives didn’t bother me, but nail clipping is too scary for me, better leave that to professional. For now, I will be preparing a piece of wood, hope it would be a good scratching board.

Time for bed.