This morning, I cleaned and tidied up the front window sill. Removed most of golden pothos (devil’s ivy), only two left for climbing up a wire I just added. They will be trained just as one in my bedroom, which has climbed up and half way of the top bar. The removed pothos, I packed into a bag and sealed it, not sure if those would turn into leaf mould.

There were many of green tomatoes still on the vine, the temperature is really low, don’t think they will ripen, so I took the bigger ones, but still left teeny ones on the vine. I took a portion and placed in with banana, the rest went into a brown paper bag. It could be a race.

Afternoon, I decided to prune bean plants, yes, pruning, bean, plants. The two yardlong beans, still alive, the vine still green for at least a meter, but no buds, except the Chinese red noodle one, which actually has six flowers, I was wrong yesterday. The green one is pruned back for about 20cm, and 2 or 3 segments. Hopefully, it will start new branches once the temperature raises up.

While pruning, I spot two caterpillars, this wasn’t the first time, but it seems every time when I saw one, they all were on bean plants. They must be insects particularly like bean plants. I moved these two to purple dick, they can nibble all those leaves, if they like those.

I have too many tomato seedlings, and those indoors are really small while three have been under the cold weather outdoors, looking very healthy. I might give up those indoor ones, besides, two plants still produced flowers up until one week ago.

The pink flower plant, I am thinking about trimming it. Heavily. And training it to grow into a cylinder shape. It’s supposed to grow wide, but there really is not much of space for it. Or I could train it on railing like two tomatoes are doing now, or I could weave those branches.

Today, I learned the most effective way to get rid of fly, the ultimate weapon against new hatchlings,

Organic and natural,

My fingers.