This morning, the lowest temperature of the year, 4°C, it’s like a big refrigerator outside. My laptop temperature going down to just 35°C with the lowest fan setting, 43°C without fan.

The carrot top seems to grow even greener and busher in this inhuman weather, three weeks later, not sure when I can plant it, who knows, maybe it will just flower like that, but I doubt that’s possible. However, around 9, 2 out of 22 stem flopping down, so I moved it in and placed on top of drying box. At 12pm, they all were back up.

Starting to roll bee house tubes, my thumbs are really tiring after making 37 of 17-21cm long tubes. I don’t know which side should be the inside, one yellowish smooth, the other gray slightly rough. I think the rough side would be better, but I’d go half-half. One pencil to roll with, one tape in middle. I don’t want to use staple at one end as the instruction said, but I might have to find a way to close it up, or I could just see if they work without anything more, since I am using a small cardboard box to house these tubes.

Thinking about growing sweet potato, or just watching it rooting in water with tooth picks sticking into it. Already chitting three potatoes, why not sweet potato? I can plant just a few of slips, and keep growing for leaves to cook, even stick into a pot just for more leaves, just an idea, how it won’t try to grow more sweet potatoes in small pot.

On the 7th of using my drying box, I finally realized that I could just pour water to seed tray’s saucer. I sprayed four or more times to keep seed tray moist, but still I could see edges dried out.

What else?

  • Moved that single purple dick plant to my window sill pot along with marsh pennywort, moss, fern, and one succulent plant, all in on pot with existing golden pothos and self-seeded celery.
  • Burying a Chinese cabbage bottom in soil, it might regrow. Also trying leaf propagating succulent and golden pothos, but I don’t think that would work since I put the outside in cold. By the way, that tomato cutting is pretty dead to me, the only left leave is wilting.