You must find it before you can get it back.

Computer is still a tool. That needs a smarter human to use it, you can’t just give it an order as if you do to other people. You have to know what to do in this ancient age of computing. It’s actually not hard as long as you are willing to seek for a solution. I believe that 90% problems on computer have been told if there is a fix or not, but 90% people don’t know how to get the result or don’t want to pay any effort to get them.

I am not an advanced user, just a normal one. A web browser is enough to deal with my 90% use of computer. I have three major operating systems, but Linux is my favorite OS because I have used to use it. It may not be the easiest one to use, but that depends on what needs you have.

After tried CLFS few days ago, I suddenly downloaded Ubuntu 8.04 and replaced it with my newly installed CLFS. I was on bed and thinking, what exact system I want to use? The process of installation of CLFS is quite long. At that time, I have an X environment with Firefox. I put myself in deeper thinking, I thought this isn’t the right to use CLFS. Right now, I need a simple system. Of course, CLFS is simple after you complete your installation. That takes several times than you need to use normal Linux distribution. However, once you finished, it gives you maximal flexibility. You never have that on other systems which mostly only need point-and-click installing way.

I do not try to teach anything on this blog, but provide problems that I have met, or experiences that I have gained.

By the way, I decided to use Ubuntu because I had not installed it before. It’s not a bad choice neither a best one.