When I first saw the title, Dollhouse [IMDb, Wikipedia], I wouldn’t bother to check it out. Because I think it’s some kind of scary TV show, myth, mysterious, thriller, or sort of. Maybe it’s like Supernatural [IMDb], I was a fan of Supernatural for its first two seasons, but I lost my interest of it. But I heard that someone said it’s a good TV show, so I checked it out.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/50/Dollhouse_logo.png

Well, Dollhouse is scary, too, but in different way. Dollhouse is full of people who have only fundamental abilities/memories to live. They all look like idiots in my opinion. They don’t have temper, probably no emotions, too. Oh, they don’t sex for sure [episode 6], or say they don’t have knowledge about it.

Each person is called Active, each mission is called Engagement. Yeah, you must use jargon. They are all volunteering to be in such state for 5 years contract. When preparing for engagement, they will be implant a special imprint for engagement, after engagement, the imprint will be wiped out and back to idiot.

When I say scary, I mean the actors and actresses act so immorally, especially Topher. He doesn’t seem to be person at all. All actives are just his toys, programmable toys. Actives has guards, which is called Handler. Echo, the main character, has Handler, too, whose name is Boyd. He seems to have slightly more moral sense, but I still can’t see it.

The other thing is scary is about the spirit of this show. This show’s story is based on human’s fantasy. We all have strange fantasies, some are too shame to be divulged. In episode six, it mentioned that it’s not all about our fantasies, it has other purposes. That scares. Imagine that if you implant a imprint like a person/slave who only follows order and totally has no doubt to the order. You can build an army. You only need to kidnap one person, and give the order that lets the first one do the rest.

The FBI agent, Paul, and escaped active, Alpha, seem to be on the side of justice and morality, though Alpha killed a lot actives. So far, Paul is still just a chess piece in whole game of Dollhouse and Alpha.

Dollhouse is extraordinary show, a special story. It’s not bad, just inhuman.

How are you feeling? Did I fall asleep? For a little while. Shall I go now? If you like.