Cuber shares his great creation, BashPad. It uses a terminal and a bash processes.

Note

In August, 2010, I switched to Bashrun. (2015-07-22T23:01:26Z)

I use it on FluxBox. So far, it works well and replaces gmrun. You can read me asking about memory usage and few things in that thread. Now, I am using daemonized urxvt, I didn’t know urxvt does that. The daemonized urxvt is really memory efficient. If you are a terminal window nuts, then you definitely need to try it out. Run urxvtd -q -o -f to start the daemon, then urxvtc to start the client.

Because BashPad natively is a Bash, so you can do what you already do with Bash. Such as specify environment varibles, you can’t do that with gmrun; or full Bash-completion, gmrun can only do the program name completion. Also it has own history, won’t mess up original bash history, and history search Ctrl+R works as well.