Mononono is a package I just heard and the purpose of it is to conflict with any other packages which needs Mono.

Note

There is an actual place called Mononono in South Africa. (2015-07-23T22:41:31Z)

There are quite a few on Linux world, and you probably have one or two apps on your computer and you are not even knowing about. Many people do not like Mono since the fundamental design is from Microsoft’s .NET framework. I do not like it, either. Because I have to have another set of libraries in my system.

So this genius, Tim Chase, created a package to solely conflict those packages depend on Mono. This is the most brilliant idea I have ever seen.

Let’s do this together: Mono, (pause for a second) NO! NO! (Point your index figure up, then wave it and shake your head a bit)

PS. On Gentoo, use package.mask to do the same thing.