I had been using the followings as my homepage link on websites' profile pages:
Using blogs as homepage definitely is not for me since I moved quite a lot and I learned using own domains is still not wise since you might not continue to own that domain.

When I heard of chi.mp, I thought that would be a perfect place, but I don't like the how it looks. So I started to use Twitter for a very short period, then changed to FriendFeed. Using FriendFeed is not a bad idea since they can see your feeds, knowing what you are doing at first glance but it doesn't look like a personal homepage.

I changed to Google Site, made a frontpage with banners of my blogs. That looked okay. Then, I thought Google Profile might be a better solution since it's Google.

However, after all these changes, I was very tired of keeping updating those links on every website.

At some point, the magic happened. I concluded that the best personal homepage is Google Search. It contains almost everything about you. Therefore, I started to use lmgtfy.com for directing people to Google Search because it added some effects, besides if I let people go to the results directly, they might not understand.

I have thought to use www.yjl.im as my homepage or something like yjl.im/livibetter after I bought that domain, but I wasn't really sure it would last forever.


I decided to stay with lmgtfy.com. But, when I was updating my StackOverflow ten or twenty minutes ago, it doesn't accept lmgtfy.com in link.

So, I decided to go to goo.gl and hoped I could create a goo.gl/livibetter. I couldn't, it doesn't allow you creating a customized link. I went back to j.mp.

Behold!




It's very clear that you know where this link would lead you to, right?

In case you wonder why I didn't just customize it as GoogleLivibetter, because that's a username or screen name, it's not supposed to be capitalized and please don't do that.