Four and an half years ago, I wrote a JavaScript called On This Day. It is a script which shows what posts were published on the same date (Today’s date in reader’s timezone) of previous years. I wasn’t thinking it would still work, but it does:

On this day…


I looked at the code and felt “Oh, what a noob.” I really said that to myself, it’s embarrassing. At that time, I probably didn’t know much about JSON and/or JSONP. The code went a lot of trouble to use feed. I had thought about updating the code and making this On This Day thing a gadget recently, but never got started. I guess I will never do.

Anyway, before this script, there was a WordPress plugin for this. At that time, I was a WordPress user mainly, I didn’t recall why I wrote this script for Blogger. Probably because of the WP plugin.

It’s good to see an almost five years old code still running well. The files are hosted on Google Pages, they are still accessible, I thought Google shut down Pages two years ago. Obviously not entirely, or there is a limited time for files being online for a few years?