Sometimes, I got confused with what the program I was currently using. A few times, I tried to save files in other text editors or word processor by typing in :w.

I have a script to check live Justin.tv streams I follow, always ran it in shell. But moments ago, I forgot I was in Pentadactyl and wondered why auto-completion didn’t finish that command for me. Somehow, I even remembered the exclamation mark in :!chk-jTAB. I had never tried the same in Vim before, either.

A few taps of TAB, I finally realized I was using the web browser. Out of curiosity, I manually entered the rest of command name and it gave me:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj-38X_RCjANaMpNuoEu6rruzT7xT-z9q1H8Q5hhCZs0FAFHFrwWX3vn8xkKHiNoJNKFrA-_1CU63n-nw2_klWR-XvpDxeGgra8TMiZJQOfmszrWnGrgzdGH1xhg2lhkRTsctFuKGSUMMM/s1600/2012-04-30--06:19:53.png

I thought I might need to use io.system for the output, but I didn’t need to. In terminal, it looks like:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi4Rt7ogP6m_bMkIYh3J8DVEPRzUcq6MikG6cSDcJHMuu5iOP54z8UjWHBquAzf7QSJ_fIXHk9EYmQ1x63_84fnpD-2CPwVdYKhXyUjuHQjUeq48V9BIyBr_E6R3zRzTxBE3HLAjUTWceE/s1600/2012-04-30--06:36:02.png

Of course, this also works in Vim and it even has auto-completion. It doesn’t necessary mean I will run this script in web browser whenever I need to check up, I still prefer to read in terminal.

Subconscious has strong influence in me.