https://i.ytimg.com/vi/CVS5rS_da9E/hqdefault.jpg

I own a copy of promo CD of Cyndi Lauper, who originally sings Time After Time in 1984, that’s why I felt so familiar when I heard this song from Holly of True Love. Eva Cassidy‘s cover (Live) is quite different than original, the lyrics are the same, but different in a way when you listen.

One time, I’ve said:

Why some things can touch your heart are always discovered after a death?

My words were spoken in my head while I was reading the Wikipedia about Eva Cassidy (1963-1996), she passed away in 1996. Jonathan Larson (1960-1996), the creators of Rent and Tick, Tick… Boom!, died in the same year. I only got to know his music a few years ago, and that’s why I had such feeling. It seems that we only have the chances to appreciate wonderful things after we lose the people.

And another great song, True Colors.