Although I don’t use WordPress, I always wanted to make b.py to support it, and now b.py version 0.6.0 does just like that.

There is a big gap between 0.5.2 and 0.6.0:

  • Python 3 support: this is done for the future. Google/Blogger API has only supported Python 2, so if you blog on Blogger, you still need to stick with Python 2.
  • New services: in order to have capability for services other than Blogger, services is made, which is similar to handlers.
  • New headers: service, categories and draft for WordPress.
  • Changes in brc.py: service is now needed for specifying which service you use. service_options also is needed, at least for old blog which is not recognized anymore.

I expect some fix releases in 0.6.X line, since there are some new stuff and some coding decisions were made without much of thoughts, therefore it’s still in alpha stage and the code is getting messier if I may shamelessly say so by myself.

Again, I don’t use WordPress and that could be an issue, because I wouldn’t be able to do real blogging using b.py on WordPress, even I had thought that I could create a new blog, just for b.py news about the WordPress support, but really didn’t want to maintain another blog. Hopefully, b.py’s WordPress support wouldn’t be too bad for long.

WordPress’ XML-RPC API is much more complete than Blogger’s API. Draft posts or pages, those I have been waiting for Blogger to support, and I am still waiting. However, one thing I don’t like is you must use your WordPress username and password to authenticate, and you need to put them in brc.py at this moment.

Please read the documentation on the project website and file bug reports, I am sure there are plenty.