About a month ago, I decided to use Docs Form to survey some question I have in mind, one is are you more comfortable with command-line. I added a link at top of this blog, later, I even added two more question to create a new series: 2-question.

However, soon I realized that I didn’t quite believe it’s worth gathering the data, because the numbers didn’t seem to be what I would expect, well, way off what I really thought they would be:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/oimg?key=0Aoe5iwIAjdLEdFZFNmVvY2xjVDF2N2xINlEzQjhGaVE&oid=2&zx=4ozwtciexn9c"

Chart of 34 responses.

The numbers are:

What’s your OS? Yes No Yes % No % Total
Linux 25 0 100.00% 0.00% 25
Mac OS 6 0 100.00% 0.00% 6
Windows 1 2 33.33% 66.67% 3
Total 32 2 94.12% 5.88% 34

As you could see, only two Windows users are not comfortable with command-line, the rest of responses all are. Honestly, I really don’t trust the result, or at least, the survey takers have different definition of comfortability than mine. Maybe just people who ain’t comfortable weren’t sending the responses.

No matter what’s reason, or that statistics actually is good, I’ve taken the 2-question down. None the less, I think I still want to post the result I have.