Someone posted this line in an image:

You are /dev/null to me.

This line really is good to be on a T-shirt. I engaged with the blogger and left a comment with one of my own:

You are /dev/{u,}random to me.

Funny thing was that I didn’t realize that how it read until I got a reply and went back to read what I commented. {u,}random could actually read “you random”1. I was using Bash Brace Expansion, didn’t really notice I was making a phrase like “you crazy.”

Then in my second comment, I have another idea about how to fire someone:

I’m sorry, but I have to let you go, because you are /dev/zero to the company.

Hope no one is using this line or being used with this line. That would really hurt if you get fired by this.

Anyone gets any goods ones for l33t or geeky or nerdy /dev talk?

[1]Of course, /dev/urandom already read that, but {u,} makes comprehensive.