I just noticed that the note adding feature is not in so-called New Photo Experience when I was thinking to make detail notes about seeds right on the photo.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5474/12036054335_2e4d96a1a0_z.jpg

Where is da note adding?

According to Yahoo Feedback1, it’s a planned feature. But that message was posted on October 2, 2013, more than three months ago, and still no sign of this note taking feature.

Little more than a week ago, I pointed out how inefficient that their new embed code now is, but I’ve tried to keep an open mind about the new beta layout. Alright, the truth is I know it’s gonna come, one way or another, “Resistance is futile.” I might as well to get used to it first, so I opt-ed myself in.

Once I got used to the layout and UI design, it’s fine since we don’t have choice, do we? Accepting what you have and stopping crying, that’s what I told myself about things on the Internet. Unless you are a big name or you can twist up a storm, all you can do is to shut up because no one is going to value what you have to said.

But this missing note taking feature is demonstrating the drawback of re-inventing the wheel. Yes, this new layout is just the re-invention of the wheel. Again. Now, they have to re-implement the feature and incorporated the data into the new layout.

At this moment, if you really want to make a note, opt out.

Is really fresh design necessary to rejuvenate Flickr?

[1]https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/224533-flickr-photopage-beta/suggestions/4518464-no-way-of-adding-a-note-or-a-person-to-an-image is gone.