I love garlic, so I wanted to grow my own, only I don’t think I gave them a good start even they are looking good after a week.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5545/12010890425_859572f5dc_z.jpg

It’s January, not as early as October, but it’s still in the recommended sowing period. The container, made out of plastic shopping bag and cardboard box, that means no drainage at all. It’s barely 6-in soil not 12 to 18 inches, and if coco peat from Sri Lanka even counts as soil, which it doesn’t. Not really 6-in apart, overcrowded.

Planted 2-in deep into soil, the only thing done right.

One week later, most of them have grown taller. Some of them were already sprouting a bit before I planted them. The tallest one is now at 10 cm. They does look good at this stage.

I don’t know if they will actually bulb when summer comes and I am a total newbie to grow anything. So, it’s more like tossing a dice, but we will see. I also squeezed two or three cloves of shallots into the box a few days after the planting, I am really pushing my luck.