Six month ago at 2015-02-20T11:43:48Z, I created a page to collect top-like programs which starting with a single alphabet I’ve come across. Actually, it’s on 2014-06-12, I noticed there might be a chance to compose a list of A-to-Z, they would be the command-line commands. Since I might not actually try all of them, therefore mistakes might be expected.

I’d expect there must be more than one with the same starting letter, some even have more letters, I’ll collect them as well. If you see any top-like being missed on the list, drop me a line or leave a comment with the link to the program.

1   Matrix

A         F   H         M
  P           V        

2   List

name purpose language license author extra
atop

performance

  GPLv2 Gerlof Langeveld  
ftop

open files

C GPLv3   video
htop

system

C GPLv2 Hisham Muhammad Wikipedia
mtop

MySQL

Perl GPLv2 Marc Prewitt  
ptop

task manager

Python (npyscreen, psutil, and DRAWILLE) MIT Ankush Sharma video
vtop

system

JavaScript (Node.js) MIT James Hall video